Oud is one of the most important and luxurious natural substances that can be found on earth. It is created when Agarwood trees become infected with a certain type of mold. Agarwood is a species of tree primarily found in Bangladesh and India. It is a resinous heartwood that can easily become infected producing aromatic resins which are known as Agarwood oil or Oud.
What It Smells Like
Oud is vastly admired by perfumers for its sweetened, woody, aromatic and complex scent. It is used in forms of oud oil or raisin. The oil of oud, whether extracted by distillation from wood, or by melting the raisin, is non-irritating and can be applied directly on the skin, or added in a perfume composition, most often as a base note.
Importance of Oud
The resin that comes from the infected wood has such a wonderful scent it is valued by many cultures for the natural and distinctive fragrance. Many people use Oud to naturally scent perfumes. The species of tree that can produce Agarwood oil is becoming rarer and so oud oil is becoming a precious commodity. It is known to be the most refined olfactory merchandise available on the market.
With these trees becoming a rarity, Oud products are becoming more and more sought after.
Why use Oud
There are many advantages to using Oud. Of course, the smell is magnificent and you can be sure that you won't run into anyone wearing the same fragrance. Our oils are naturally produced without any harmful equipment that could harm the oil or even worse the sent. Oud is perceived to be very special in many cultures, you can see some of the reasons listed below;
- It is believed to be a very powerful, natural aphrodisiac
- On religious texts so old they are written in the bark from the trees
- Oud oil is claimed to have the ability to fulfil desire
- For many years Agarwood oil has been used in the East for its medicinal purposes. It is used to treat both mental and physical conditions
- As an essential oil Oud oil can be used to treat many health complaints such as; rheumatic fevers, stress, asthma, digestive complaints, and it also works as an antioxidant
- Oud is a rarity, a rare commodity that is worth its weight in gold
- The smoke of Agarwood being burned was used to scent the armor of Samurai's before they went into battle